Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Has Risen

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. John 1:1-5

32"Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me". 33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." 17 After Jesus said this he looked toward heaven and prayed. "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life:that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now , Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began." John 16:32 -John 17:5

Now Thomas (called Didymus) one of the Twelve, was not with the Disciples when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"
But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands, and put my fingers where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."
A week later his disciples were in the house again and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with You!" Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
Thomas said to him"My Lord and my God!"
Then Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." John 20: 24-29

Happy Easter!

No comments: